ITL´s Ustus Agur Scholarship for doctoral students
Ustus Agur Scholarship aims to support the studies of one talented public university doctoral student in the field of sciences (information and communication technology area). The Scholarship also promotes the outstanding contribution of Ustus Agur in the development of Estonian information society.
The Scholarship is regulated by Ustus Agur Scholarship Statute »
The amount of Scholarship is EUR 2,000.
For applying, please fill out an online application form »
The following documents shall be uploaded to the application form:
- Curriculum Vitae including list of publications, description of current professional activities of the applicant and other important information regarding the doctoral student’s studies.
- A brief description of the PhD thesis topic
- Applicant’s essay on what is the expected influence of applicant’s PhD thesis to the development of Estonian information society
Allocation of the scholarship considers the expected influence of applicant’s PhD thesis to the development of Estonian information society and current professional activities of the applicant.
Allocation of the scholarship will be decided by November 4th, 2016 at the latest.
Instructions for applicants
- For applying to the scholarship, the applicant has to register as a user in HITSA competition web.
- For creating the user account, you can use either your Estonian ID-card or e-mail address. Please note that in order to submit an application, you must authenticate yourself with your ID-card (for international students temporary residence card for studying) as a one-off activity. If you used the e-mail option to create a user account, you will be directed to identification with ID-card before you can submit your competition entry. This is necessary to avoid the submission of inaccurate applications to HITSA.
- Foreign students, who for some reason don’t have an Estonian ID-card, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
- Open competitions you will find below “Add an Application”
- You can start preparing the application and save it as a draft. Please be aware that the administrator of the competition web can see applications in "draft" status. Click “Save as draft” and you may update the draft application when you wish. Please fill in the fields in the application and upload the required documents. Click “Submit form” and you have confirmed your application and submitted the application to HITSA. Please be aware that after that you cannot update your application.
- We presume, that all applicants who have the application in “draft” status by October 17th, 2016 at 11:59 PM, have quit applying, and all those applications shall not be submitted to the scholarship commission for evaluation. We will delete these applications for the competition web.